BBrock9404 wrote:

> Congratulations to you and all of us for knowing about you and your book,
> Kathrynne Holden.

Dear Barb,
Thanks for your lovely words! The PD listserv has been, and is, a big part of my
life. It has helped increase my understanding of nutrition in PD and of
increasing awareness in other health professionals of Parkinson's disease.

To that end, you may be interested to know that:
-My dietetic practice group has asked me to write an article on nutrition and PD
for their spring newsletter;
-My dietetic practice group is considering an official endorsement of "Eat
well..." and also offering it for sale to dietitians at our annual convention
this fall;
-I have also been asked to write a professional manual on nutrition and PD for
dietetics practitioners;
-I have submitted my study for publication in the Journal of the American
Dietetic Association;
-Two state dietetic associations have asked me to speak on nutrition and PD at
the annual meetings next year;
-I am currently (well, continually!) searching for funding to perform a second
study on nutrition and PD, and if that is successful, will attempt a third.

For dietitians, this is a breakthrough into a previously little-known area. I
hope it will spark further studies and research among people better qualified
than I.

This has all come together since I returned from speaking in Australia at the PD
Conference in Perth. So, it would be true to say that Joy and Bob Graham are in
great part responsible for this furtherance of awareness of PD in the United
States, as they invited me to speak. In health care, we each stand on the
shoulders of someone who went before.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--