Parkinson's Information Exch...
E-mail Address(es):

Introduction of Tasmar
For most patients, the starting dose is 100mg tds.Tasmar need not be
titrated when therapy is started and can be given with or without food,The
dose may need to be increased but  have shown minimal difference in the
clinical response to 100mg &200mg doses.
          Patients on other levodopa adjunctive therapy may be maintained on
that therapy. Studies have not shown any potential contraindication with
with dopamine agonists or selegiline (10mg).Clinical trials are underway to
further assess concomitant use.
          To optimize response & avoid adverse events, reductions in the
daily  levodopa dose are usually necessary. This should be done as soon as
Tasmar treatment is started if patients are on high doses of levodopa or
have a low threshold for dyskinesias.In clinical trials, most patients
required an average decrease in daily levodopa dose of 30% if the dose was
>600mg,or if they had moderate to severe dyskinesias. This adjustment was
often achieved within 1 to 2 weeks of starting Tasmar therapy.
          These factors, and the patients sensitivity to change in levodopa
dose, should be considered when deciding whether to decrease the daily
levodopa dose when starting Tasmar therapy.The levodopa dose reduction can
be achieved by adjusting each individual dose or by increasing the dose
interval.
           On discontinuation of Tasmar therpy, levodopa dose should be
readjusted to pre-Tasmar levels.

            Sorry but I have been over to Sydney N S W  5,000 miles east of
Western Australia thats why  it took me along time to re send this info I
will send more info you need any.

            All the best Brian England.