It is sad but thrue that about 1/3 of PWPs develop symptoms of dementia,
and these can be very severe eventually. Be sure that they are not due to
medications, though, as may be the case with hallucinations. AD brains at
autopsy she a different kind of "tangles" than the structures seen in the
brains of PWPs, so PDand AD are not the same, but the results can be
similar. Ask the neuro for a clearer explanation of this!

><< Something interesting- ma y father, who suffers from secondary PD and
>severe mental confusion, >>
>
>Is your Dad's mental confusion related to PD?  I'm quite surprised at how bad
>my Dad has gotten over the past year in the mental department.  Last year he
>was afraid he was getting Alzheimer's, but his neuro said no.  So could this
>terrible mental state be just the PD?
>
>Sue, daughter of Rocky (74/18)

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH