This sounds great-- but as it uses the term "Medicaid" does that mean you
have to be financially eligible for MEDICAID (not Medicare) to be covered?
I would guess that may be the case,which would restrict it to low-income
persons.

>An editor for our quarterly PD newsletter sent me the following info on the
>Medicaid Community Attendant Services Act.  Can anyone tell me its status or
>prospects for passage?  Thanks.
>
><<
>Article in Dear Abby: First paragraph explains why nursing homes aren't
>always wonderful.  2nd #  "There can be a better choice: A bill before
>Congress offers senior citizens and persons with disabilities the option
>to maintain their independence while remaining in their own homes--or the
>option to choose a congregate facility if that is their preference.
>
> This bill is the Medicaid Community Attendant Services Act.  The bill
>would amend Title XIX of the Social Security Act-Medicaid to create a new
>option called 'Qualified Community-Based Attendant Services.'
>
>"Anyone eligible for a nursing facility would be allowed to stay in their
>home and receive attendant care.  The need for assistance will no longer
>mean that people have to give up their surroundings or independence.
>
>"This bill will benefit everyone who will ever have a disability or be
>old--and that's everyone.  Call or write your representatives in Congress
>and urge them to vote for this bill.  Gail B. Kear, executive director,
>Life-Cil/Center for Independent Living, Bloomington, Ill.
><<
>
>Barb
>Barbara Blake-Krebs  (57, dx 1984)       [log in to unmask]
>Merriam, KS, USA                                                (ltr after
>F is cap "i")

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*