George Campbell wrote:

>For the past five years I have noticed that the only time that I felt
>good was when I was on a antibiotic.  It turns out that I have had a
>ongoing infection of my saliva glands. On Feb 20th the infection went out
>of control.  To make a long story short, on March 13th I will have major
>surgery to remove two of the badly damaged glands. I had suspected this
>but could never get a Dr to believe me.  Any one who experiences this
>should get busy looking for secondary infections.

I find this most interesting.  Have the doctors suggested WHY your salivary
glands got infected?  Is it related to your PD (do you have a problem
swallowing? Do you have excessive saliva?) It does make me wonder if there
are lots of other PWP who have an underlying problem which is never quite
an infection...?
What are the thoughts on this one?  Perhaps a speech pathologist may have
some ideas?

Joy Graham