Here is the latest update from Congressman Upton's office on our progress on
the "Dear Colleague" letter.  There are around 50 CONFIRMED cosigners.   Many
may be unconfirmed, (or in the process of doing so) but it is clear that we
have a long way to go before Friday.

Representative:
S. Brown
Olver
Mascara
Hayworth
Meehan
Berman
Boucher
Evans
Gilman
Lampson
Lofgren
Morella
Norton
Underwood
Stark
Weygand
Delahunt
Hooley
Stupak
Engel
Farr
Furse
McNulty
Rush
Filner
Frost
Ackerman
Boehlert
Quinn
Talent
Gallegly
McDade
Campbell
Doolittle
Coyne
Tauscher
Sandlin
Eshoo
J. Lewis
Shays
Abercrombie
Green
Bilbray
Stupak
Baldacci
Costello
Clayton

From my calls, I have also had "positive contacts" with the following offices
and expect them to confirm soon(but they are as of yet, unconfirmed).

Representative:
Bentsen
Boswell
Bereuter
Clay
Clyburn
D. Davis
DeFazio
DeLay
Dicks
Dunn
Dingell
Emerson

In making my calls, I have found that it really helps if you can offer to fax
staffers an original copy of the letters so they don't have to go digging
through the piles on their desks looking for them.  It just so happens that I
have such an original copy and would be happy to fax it to any office that any
of you indicate I should in order to help expedite the process.  Just call
1-888-331-4NPF (4673) and tell me the office and the name of the person you
spoke with.  If you get my voicemail, please leave any such information on the
recording and I will take care of the rest.

As always, please call or reply with ANY questions.

Bill Turenne, Jr.
NPF/ Washington