hi all

i have been intrigued
by the recent renewal of discussions
re aged cheese, pd meds, drug interactions, etc,
and went digging at our list archive site on the web

since the archives on the host computer in the university of toronto
contain every message ever posted to our list
since its creation in november 1993
[now that's a scary thought!]
there is a wealth of information to be found / dug up
including this from alan bonander in 1996:

>Date: 03/05/96 02:36
>From: alan bonander
>Subject: Demerol and Eldepryl
>
>The statement distributed by Sandoz Pharmaeuticals was:
>-----------------------
>WARNING TO USERS OF ELDEPRYL
>Sandoz Pharmaceuticals has issued a warning of reports
>of fatal interactions between Eldepryl (Selegiline Hydrochloride)
>and merperidine known as Demerol, and other trade names.
>Patients contemplating surgery are advised to bring
>this notice to the attention of their physician.
>Further information can be obtained from pharmacies
>- ask for prescribing information - or contact
>Sandoz Pharmaceuticals at 800-631-8184.
>-------------------------
>
>I was told that one must be off Eldepryl for at least
>14 days before it is considered out of the system.
>
>If your doctor wants to ignore the warning,
>be willing to get up, put your pants on and walk out.
>It can be that serious.
>
>This is one of those situations where you do not argue.
>Get out and find another doctor.
>
>Regards,
>Alan Bonander
>First symptom at age 37
>diagnosed at age 44

i had been reminded that alan bonander
our late and sadly missed list sibling
left a superb legacy for us
archyology fanatics

alan also posted a very informative article from the NPF
in re drug interactions and PD in general

if you want to dig for it
and other gems from his legacy to us
go to our list archive website
so kindly provided and maintained by simon coles at:

http://new.parkinsons.org.uk/index.htm

click on the 'hot link' to the search page
and then enter the following search criteria into the search window:

demerol AND eldepryl AND bonander

knowledge = power = strength = wisdom = love = light

from your cyber-cybling

janet

janet paterson
50-9 / sinemet-selegiline-prozac
almonte-ontario-canada / [log in to unmask]