At 07:40 AM 3/10/98 -0500, Mary Ann (Bent Willow) wrote:
>We had a conversation with our Neurologist in which he poo-pooed the
>Demerol/Eldepryl concern.  He claimed that the evidence concerning the
>danger was poor to non-existent - which is why I asked the question.
>------
Mary Ann, hopefully the evidence is poor because everybody heeded the
warning, not because the warning was incorrect.

I started on this list in March, 1996, and armed with the one piece of
information on the drug interaction, went to my first DAPS meeting, where I
met Marianne Lichtenstein, whose husband, Abe, had recently undergone
surgery.  Abe had been on Eldepryl; and when he suffered pain after his
operation, they gave him Demerol.

I was not there to witness the results, but I am told that he went wild,
climbing the walls, as it were, until they could introduce drugs that would
calm him down.

If your neuro has such doubts, let him take Eldepryl and Demerol together
and see what happens for himself.  He won't.  Time to find a new nd.

Art

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness