Although most of you know me for quite a while now, I will give my percs
for those that may have missed my posts. I am a 47 year old female PWP,
onset at age 38, until recently using Sinemet (400 mgs/day), Ropinerole
(barely measurable dose), Eldepryl (5-10 mgs/day), together with an odd
assortment of vitamin and nutritional supplements based on research and
budget. Recently I encountered a gentleman who has altered my approach
to treatment/medication, as well as dramatically changing my life.

My new acquaintance is named Dr. Grinstein, a Ph.D. currently living and
working in England. Dr. Grinstein has developed an organic product,
still in the development stages, that has gone a long way toward
eliminating sinemet for me. The Dr. has shipped me a small quantity of a
concentrated vegetable product, very rich in a natural form of L-Dopa,
that has been, without comparison, the best solution to the treatment of
PD that I have yet encountered.

Since this group is no-nonsense when it comes to making claims about new
products, I will try to be specific about these benefits:

-the action of this vegetable product is much smoother (kinder) than
sinemet, as it kicks in the transition from off to on is barely
discernible, yet only takes 10 or 15 minutes to start working and 30-45
minutes for full effect. Diet has proven to be more important though,
and too much protein has really interfered sometimes. Conversely, the on
to off transition can be fairly rapid, say 20 minutes, but without the
restless legs and end-dose dyskinesia. The duration of a dose for me has
been 3-4 hours, depending on diet and stress.

-Little or no dyskinesia, my body movements appear more natural, not
jerky.

-ENERGY. I have the energy to face the day, do what I need or want to
do. I have been painting a house this past week. I am no longer
overwhelmed by small tasks, my whole motivation and outlook has
improved. My family will loudly testify to the immediate improvement in
my energy and motivation.

-REST. Although I am normally able to get 6-7 hours of interrupted sleep
most nights, since using Dr. G.'s green soup, I am sleeping 7 to 8
hours, usually interrupted only once, and I awake RESTED.

-Some of the research has indicated the development of another natural
product with potential restorative benefit. I have not yet received
samples of that new product, so I have no way of documenting this
myself.

Since this product is still in short supply, I have still been using a
sinemet CR at night, so I can preserve the product for daytime use. I
want to feel GOOD while I'm awake! Another youngster PWP here in Tucson,
Fred Forbes, has also done a brief trial with this product, and his
response is every bit as enthusiastic as my own.

This product represents the pure and natural form of L-Dopa which has
been extracted and concentrated from its original vegetable sources.
Dr.Grinstein's product has proven to be a reliable and consistent
organic product that can be used with a minimum of inconvenience, and a
maximum of beneifit. I would encourage anyone with an interest in his
research to respond to me or to call him directly at 01144 1895 469745,
fax # 01144 1895 469744. He is in the London area, so be aware of time
differences.

Kathie Tollifson