According to the very good EPDA leaflet "Availability of Medicines for PD
Europe and the States" Madopar ( or (trade name)) is available in UK ,
Austria,Belgium (Prolapa), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece,
Holland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg (Prolopa), Norway, Portugal, Spain,
Sweden, (Madopark) Switzerland, Turkey,
This leaflet is available from
European Parkinson's Disease Society, c\o 22 Upper Woburn Place, London,
WC1H 0RA
and shows  the names of available PD drugs in UK and USA

regards Emma

At 22:56 06/03/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello friends,  I am making a list of those countries where the anti-
>Parkinson drug Madopar is available. So far, all I know is USA - No,
>UK - Yes.
>
>Madopar is an alternative to the most commonly used Parkinson drug, Sinemet.
>It uses Benserazide instead of Carbidopa to protect the levadopa. There is
>anecdotal evidence only that in some cases Madopar can be better than
>Sinemet; that is, there may be fewer side effects for some people. It's no
>use recommending it if it is not available though, so can some of our friends
>in far away places please send me whatever they know. A simple
>
>   Outer Mongolia  No   (meaning Madopar is not available) will suffice.
>
>Thanks,
>--
>Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>

Emma Bennion