Kathy,

Freezing has been for me, luckily, very infrequent.  I have only had
a few episodes.  One was very bad, but was directly related to stress
in my life.
Usually when I freeze it is just for a few seconds to a few minutes
and usually when walking, often when I am in a doorway.  If I
stop in the hall or doorway at home, my son usually starts talking to
me.  If I do not come out of it, he takes my hands and helps me to
get started again.  I am lucky to have his help.
It is very scary, having your mind being active inside a frozen body.
don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds