I just wanted to report that my mother Joyce (68/1 year) has been feeling
better for about 6 days in a row now. This is a record since she went off
all PD drugs in October. Currently, she's on Requip and a very low dose of
Sinemet. But it wasn't until she added the Paxil that the benefits came --
mostly the tightness in her chest is better.

What is interesting to me is that she did not start the Paxil because of
any symptoms that you could define as "depression." She had been put on
Paxil in July, around the time that my father ended up in a heart hospital
and her doctor thought that she might benefit from the Paxil. The effects
were clear then. However, for whatever reason, she began to experience a
very discomforting tightness in her chest (which I've written about here).
She went off all drugs at the time in an effort to try to pinpoint what was
causing the tightness. (Her doctor took her off the Paxil, too, so that she
could try Eldelpryl.) Then she and her doctor decided to try Requip and
then she recently added some Sinemet. But none of this helped with the
tightness that was so distressing.  I believe it's the Paxil that did that.
I will never underestimate the value of a drug like Paxil. And I just
wanted others to know that such drugs seem to benefit even those without
obvious signs of depression.
Debbie White