Kathrynne Holden has written kindly about Bob & myself, but the truth is she

 is FAR TOO MODEST!

It might seem mysterious as to why we in Perth should have anything to do
with Kathrynne in Colorado....

FYI - What happened, was that when we invited Kathrynne to speak at the
Conference in Perth, she had already proved herself as someone who really
knew about PD and nutrition. I had been "listening" and "observing" her

So Bob and I were merely "conduits" concerned to find the very best
speakers for our Conference.

When she confirmed that she was coming, she set about getting the emails
and addresses of the local Nutritionists, so that she could talk to them.
In both Sydney and Perth she addressed students and professionals and in
Perth she also went on radio and did a superb talk about nutrition and PD.

She did all this unfunded and gave up the better part of her holiday time
to do this.  And her husband Steve supported her in all that she did/does -
so he deserves much credit too.

So Bob and I cannot applaud her efforts loudly enough.  And we sure hope
that in the future she will be properly funded for her good work.

And we hope that she will make a fortune from the sales of her book!

Additionally, what K did not tell you is that we here in Australia are
hoping to make an adapted version of the book (using metric measures and
Australian references, etc) available when suitable arrangements have been
worked out.

Our national body, Parkinson's Australia and our own State organisation,
will be overseeing these arrangements, with advice from some of the
nutritionists who have taken such an interest in PD since Kathrynne's visit
to Perth.

I am also pleased that she is considering writing a book for registered
dieticians and nutritionists.

As an aside, and thinking aloud here:

One of the benefits of attending Conferences is that they make lay people
such as ourselves realise that there are so many genuinely caring health
professionals who really can and do make a difference to the quality of
life for PWP. All four of our Australian conferences have been terrific and
I encourage all you folk from the List to start saving to come to our next
one which will be in Sydney in August of 1999.
No, I am not organising this one... but will probably be there.  I am a bit
of a Conference "groupie".....

Joy Graham