There are many branches of the Parkinson's Disease Society of the UK tel no
( before 27th April)   0171 383 3513 ( after 27th April   0171 931 8080 ).
They will give him all details.  If the  friend is under 60 then please ask
him\her to get in touch with YAPP&Rs by phoning me on 01485 578592.  I
would be delighted to have a chat with him\her  whatever their age.
regards Emma

At 12:29 08/03/98 -0330, you wrote:
>Hello List Members in the UK
>
>A very close friend,  who lives in London, has recently been diagnosed
>with Parkinsons.  He has seen a neurologist, twice I think, and is due
>again in July.
>No pills as yet--wait until your symptoms really require them, said the
>Neuro and handed over a booklet. According to my friend it was  written in
>a patronizing tone.
>
>We have been keeping in touch by snail mail and telephone. On Friday he
>sounded very despondent. I suspect that he is not seeing friends and  not
>getting out of the apartment.
>
>Are there Parkinson exercise groups in London, accessible to  Camden Town
>/ Regents Park? What about a support group?
>
>What can we do to help when we live on the other side of the world?
>
>We seek your suggestions, whether posted to the list or by e-mail to
>
>Anne Rutherford 64 dx1980

Emma Bennion
Chairman YAPP&Rs
Norfolk UK  46\9