Dennis,
        Your courage is matched by your eloquence.  I hope that your audience
appreciated your message about livng with a chronic, progressive,
neuro-degenerative disorder.   PD is the best of diseases  and the worst
of diseases.  It attacks our bodies with heartless ferocity, yet slowly
enough that we have ample leisure to observe and enjoy the loss-of-the-day
whether it be in our mobility, our muscle control, out ability to
communicate, our increasing fatigue, or our increasing confinement and
dependence on others. We retain our mental facilities the better to
observe and reflect on our condition.
        We also retain that human spark we call our soul (or spirit).  I see this
in myself and others; we become more eloquent and outspoken.  PD is a
marvelous mirror for self-reflection.
        Your address stands as a monument to both the dark side and the bright
side of PD.  I thank you again.

George Andes  64/18 and still learning.