My wife recently gave me a gift beyond price.
I at one time had been an avid reader. Mostly science fiction and fantasy,
but I would teach myself new skills by reading. Little by little I stopped
reading because I could not hold up the book without shaking so badly that
I  could not focus on the page.
Kristen brought home a book stand. A sturdy one with independent spring
loaded clamps for the pages.  I set it up with some doubt and placed a
book on it. With minutes I was lost in  a world of dragons. Tears ran down
my face as I found again the joy of reading.

Try a book stand. make sure the clamps are powerful enough to hold a large
number of pages but are easy to operate when your off.
Remember, as you read one side of the book is going to have more pages than
the other. Take a large book with you and test the stand. If it won't hold
down three quarters of the pages and still be easy to operate you will wind
up being frustrated.