Marvin, I never thought of it quite that way, but I find it easiest to read
the newspaper by placing it on the floor and crawling over to the article I
choose to read.  Same principle, I'm sure.

Since you appear to be satisfied with the book stand that Kristen chose,
would you mind sharing the name of the manufacturer and the model number,
if any, with the list?

Art

At 07:03 PM 3/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>My wife recently gave me a gift beyond price.
>I at one time had been an avid reader. Mostly science fiction and fantasy,
>but I would teach myself new skills by reading. Little by little I stopped
>reading because I could not hold up the book without shaking so badly that
>I  could not focus on the page.
>Kristen brought home a book stand. A sturdy one with independent spring
>loaded clamps for the pages.  I set it up with some doubt and placed a
>book on it. With minutes I was lost in  a world of dragons. Tears ran down
>my face as I found again the joy of reading.
>
>Try a book stand. make sure the clamps are powerful enough to hold a large
>number of pages but are easy to operate when your off.
>Remember, as you read one side of the book is going to have more pages than
>the other. Take a large book with you and test the stand. If it won't hold
>down three quarters of the pages and still be easy to operate you will wind
>up being frustrated.

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness