Dear Joan,

Re your tremor:   I also have a severe tremor and am very lucky that I have
been able (so far) to control it with Sinemet.  I tried Cogentin and Artane,
both with terrible  results.  The Sinemet worked for me but it doesn't help
some people at all.  As I progress, however, the effects of the Sinemet on my
tremor have become shorter and shorter --even with changing to SinemetCR and
an increase in dosage.  I know a Thalamotomy would help but in view of the
current research ( i.e., "hope"), I don't want to go that option.  The only
other thing I could suggest would be the Medtronic device.  Good luck & let us
know what happens.

Rosemary Russell   (50,  4 yrs.)
Arkansas