Hello Helen,

Thanks for asking about my knee -- yes, it is doing better & better.  I have
not heard from Ivan and I truly would not  want to be considered for this job.
Public speaking is NOT one of my favorite things. You idea about the community
college is excellent!

I've been pre-occupied with my ailing mother who lives with us and also
handling
my worsening symptoms.  Life has a way of filling up spaces that could be used
for  pleasurable activities.  I really enjoyed reading Dennis Greene's
speech about
"Terrible Beauty".

This Wednesday I am going to attend the PAN Udall Awards dinner --
traveling is always
a bit of a chore. It should be fun, though!  I hope to hear how the Video
Project is
coming along -- I'll let you know.

It is pretty amazing how we can rally when there is a call to do our
grassroots advocacy
"thing".  Just imagine how wonderful it would be if every state was as
organized as
Oregon and Washington are. There has to be a way to replicate the process!!!
Any ideas?

Warm regards,
Margaret

At 07:54 PM 3/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi,
>Hope you knee has improved.
>Did Ivan get in touch with you? He is looking for a woman to join him on this
>TV reinterview and I suggested you might have some ideas.
>I also suggested that he go to the Com. College and find a TV student who is
>looking for a term project to shoot the interview. Perhaps he would get a
>better quality film.
>That AARP has been a godsend. Dave Engles gave it to me.
>I will be giving the number out this evening at our support meeting even
>though I believe all in OR have signed the letter from Waxman/Upton.
>
>Take care and don't be such a stranger.
>
>Helen Mason

DOB: 1941/Dx: 1980/Cured:ASAP
Slogans wont do it/Hard work will