To Dennis Greene,

Wow, I'd like you to know how very moved I was  by your posting -- tears are
streaming down my face at the speed of light.  I must admit however, it has
not enabled my saddness to go away.

My husband was diagnosed last year, but had had mild symptoms for 6 years
prior to the actual diagnosis.  He is only 40 years old.  You also were (and
still are) young when diagnosed.  You talk of the limitations of the disease,
and I assume some of it describes yourself.  I must admit thinking positively
about the disease is the hardest wifely thing I've ever had to do.  Courage --
that is a wonderful observation you made.  That's what I lack perhaps --
courage to face our uncertain future.

After reading your posting, I feel though there is no hope for things to get
better, only worse over time.  How can one remain postive with this thought in
mind?  How does everyone else cope with this?  I am not doing well with this
aspect.  Also, the support groups in our area all meet during the day, of
which my husband can not take time from work to attend.  I also look at this
as a nonpositive sign -- how can all those people get away from their jobs to
attend, unless of course, they are no longer employed.  Having 3 young
children and a home to support, fightened can not even describe how I feel.

Is there a meeting place where courage is handed out?  Or perhaps it is served
at the support groups for snack.  Boy, I wish!

Your posting was very touching, leaving me with the reality of our new
reality.  Early retirement is one thing you mention.  I wonder how many men
supporting families have had to retire early.  Perhaps I really shouldn't find
out!

Thanks again for sharing.

Tami Abiuso