For those who are interested, here is copy of proclamation  on last year's
Parkinson  Disease Awareness Month from Governor Parris N. Glendening
 for Maryland.

WHEREAS,  The good health and general well-being of the people of Maryland
                    is enhanced by our increased understanding and knowledge
of
                    Parkinson Disease, our state remains extremely proud of
the
                    dedicated Marylanders who are helping to lead the battle
against
                     this devasting, degenerative neurological disease. and

WHEREAS,    Many of the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease - tremor, slowness
                     and poor movement, difficulty with balance and speaking -
are
                     often mistaken as a normal part of the aging process; and

WHEREAS,     Increased education and research are expected to help find more
                      effective treatments and ultimately a cure for
Parkinson's Disease
                      and will provide more effective support programs and
services to
                      Parkinson's Disease patients, their caregivers and
families; and

WHEREAS,     Maryland is pleased to join in recognizing the outstanding work
                       that is being done on behalf of this debilitating
disease and
                       applaud the efforts of those who are providing support,
information
                       and companionship to Parkinson Disease patients and
their
                       families to effectively cope with this disease.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, PARRIS N. GLENDENING,  GOVERNOR OF THE STATE
                        OF MARYLAND, do hereby proclaim April l997 as
PARKINSON
                        DISEASE AWARENESS MONTH in Maryland, and do commend
                         this observation to all of our citizens.