Hi Tami,

I think you are selling yourself short when you say you lack courage.
Just writing as you did is an act of courage in itself.  There are no
easy answers when it comes to PD and I certainly  don't have all of
them so I won't pretend I do, but I can offer some glimmers of light.
 You said:

> That's what I lack perhaps --
> courage to face our uncertain future.

For what it's worth we spent the 1st couple of years after diagnosis
swinging between denial and sheer terror.  Hard as you will find this
to believe, that stage does pass and will pass. I must admit,
however, that I can still turn a corner in my mind and be ambushed by
terror.  Fortunatly these tend to be hit and run raids which don't
last long.

> After reading your posting, I feel though there is no hope for
things to get
> better, only worse over time.  How can one remain postive with this
thought in
> mind?

PD being progressive will of course get worse over a period of time
but there is no reason to assume the worst. Things cannot get better
in the short term but don't assume that they must get worse quickly.
In the middle to long term the cure IS COMING, and we are the 1st PD
generation to be able to say that.

> Also, the support groups in our area all meet during the day, of
> which my husband can not take time from work to attend.

This is a problem faced by us young'uns everywhere. If you don't have
a Young Onset support group, which meets in the evening, near you, it
might be an idea to advertise in your local newsletter and start one.

> Is there a meeting place where courage is handed out?  Or perhaps
it is served
> at the support groups for snack.

Sometimes I think it is.  Sometimes we get - sometimes we give.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/