you wrote:
Subject: Re: Adding Tolcapone(Tasmar): a kudo!!

Diagnosed in 1985, I am now on 2 Sinemet 25\ 100  and 2 Parlodel every rw=
hours while awake. Have been on that diet and started a low protein diet
(75
grms) last Nov.

Started the Tasmar a week ago, qty3 100mg 3td. at suggestion of my Mayo
(Rochester) neuro.Have not tried backing down on the Sinemet yet but am
sleeping well and functioning better because of the decreased down time.
Requip about killed me two months ago, and I did not do well with Mirapex=

either--I did not decrease my agonist or the levidopa--per my local neuro=
=2E
and
am considering tryiing the Mirapex again.

Hi,
I am on Tolcapone since October (6 months). It helped me to smoothen
off-phases and to reduce levodopa intake. It is important and indispensab=
le
to reduce sinemet by 30 percent a day, since COMT inhibitor tasmar extend=
activity of levodopa in blood. I am on 200 mg levodopa/day after 8 yrs pd=
=2E

Dietmar Wessel (43/8) from Germany
Any suggestions or comments from the Veterans out there?