The Parkinson Coalition of Houston, made up of the Houston Area Parkinson
Society and the Parkinson Foundation of Harris County, has begun a minority
outreach campaign targeting the African American and Hispanic populations of
the Houston metropolitan area.

Using funds from last years Muhammad Ali Gala, we commissioned two public
service announcements which have been completed and will be airing on nine
area television stations starting immediately. Two of these stations are
Spanish language stations and one of the spots is in both English and Spanish
for their audience.

Our hope is to get the attention of those populations regarding PD and the
dangers it poses. Hopefully this will lead to patient diagnoses in the early
stages. We have installed a hot line for information and referral and will
mail out packets in both English and Spanish to those needing basic
information about PD as well as providing referral to area neurologists.

We want to credit the generosity of McCann-Erickson Houston which donated the
media plan and the talents of their fantastic staff and associates for this
project. We could not have done it without them!!

For more information, e-mail me at [log in to unmask] or call the coalition
number 713-874-1010.

Anne Martin
Director
Houston Area Parkinson Society