My father Don 62years has had PD for 20 years and has had fairly mild
depression on and off since he has had PD.  In the last 4 months it has
become major depression requiring a couple of hospital admissions, he has
been in again for 3 weeks this time.  They tried ECT which worked for a
short time then created more problems than it fixed.  They are now trying
him on antidepressants (Venlafaxine? not sure of the spelling) we are
waiting to see if this works.  My mother is finding this very difficult to
cope with and feels that their future together looks very bleak.  I was
wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation and is able to offer
advice or thoughts that give Mum some hope for the future.  Mum copes very
well with Dad's physical symptoms and is a wonderful carer but she is
finding the depression very hard to cope with.

Leanne McGillivray