John Tierney, Rep Mass 6th District, writes in part:

"As a strong believer in preventative care, I completely agree that we must
provide adequate funding levels for Parkinson's research. However, it is
unclear whether any action will be taken in the current Congressional session
of HR 1260, the Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Research Act.

I supported a provision to the Labor/HHS Fiscal Year 1998 Appropriations Bill
that provide $67 million for Parkinson's research and am happy to report that
the NIH has requested an increase of $7 million for Fiscal Year 1999."

Seems to me he is saying there will not be funding for the Udall Bill and that
the NIH isn't supporting it. Hope I'm wrong.