I know I am about 4 days behind in reading my e-mail.
But-----
I am sitting here at 4:40AM unable to sleep, my left foot shaking, my
mind running somewhere other than where I want to be, unable to go
back to sleep, remembering the events of the past couple of days and
swearing that I do not want any more.
Then I read "A Terrible Beauty" and sat her crying.
Sometimes I wonder how we all endure what is happening to us.
My therapist says I MUST be careful about how much time I can do
volunteer work for others.  I am not capable of spending an 8 hour
day, or even more than 2 hours, doing what some would think of as the
simplest tasks.  I go to my grandchildren's school to help them learn
about computers and the internet.  I cannot spend more than 1 hour at
a time or I become tired, stiff, shaky, and even disoriented.  I went
to a parent meeting for Headstart [the 4 year old goes to centerbase]
and after about a 1/2 hour I was shaking and found myself explaining
to others that I had PD and could not stop the shaking until I went
home and took more medication.  It was embarrassing.
I am only 49 years old.  I know there are many younger than I am
with worse symptoms, but this is happening to me.  A month or so
after my diagnosis [3 years ago April] a person who was trying to be
friendly kept telling me about advances in medical help, surgery, and
that there were so many people surviving with PD.  I should not worry
so about it.  I found myself yelling at him, "Leave me alone.  You do
not know what it is about.  This thing is inside MY body, not yours."
I am very grateful for this list and this community of people who
understand what I am talking about.  I read all your letters and my
heart goes out to each of you.  I know that I cannot feel what you
are feeling, but I do have real empathy for what you are going
through.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds