Murray,
It is difficult to explain to non PWP that the PD resting tremor does
not as a rule get worse when you reach for something.  In fact it
usually gets better when you are busy doing things with your leg or
hand.  I know that I have less leg tremor when walking, and less hand
tremor when typing or playing the piano.  However, there are times
when nothing seems to stop it.  Then I just go to bed  for awhile.
I also have the internal tremor even when the outside is still.  My
neuro told me many of his clients tell him the same thing.
Also, as my tremor became very visible, my now X gp decided to send
me to the neuro.  Before the tremor, they just kept taking blood and
other fluids to test as well as doing x-rays.
Well, off to another day in PD land.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds