At scheduled appointment, with a new neuro (our first one left the group),
she noted that my husband Jim has been taking only 5mg/day eldepryl in
addition to his 2.25mg/day mirapex.  She says one has to take a full dose
of 10mg/day to receive neuroprotective effect (she never mentioned any
controversy on the neuroprotective issue, and I didn't either, to preserve
the peace.  I don't think she would appreciate the mouthy wife spouting
medical stuff, plus she's in the process of starting a support group which
we very much need here, and I don't want to alienate her).  Jim actually
has IMPROVED in motion and stiffness since last appointment, has only minor
and so far manageable tremor.  We thought we would stay where we were re
meds, and were surprised at this recommendation for change.  I also thought
that there were quite a few others taking eldepryl at that 5mg/day dosage.
We had some time ago made the decision to continue with eldepryl and avoid
starting sinemet, since Jim was doing well, not progressing downward, and
his condition didn't seem to warrant any upward escalation in meds--had it
out with Brian Collins at that time ;-). So it's specifically the dosage
level of eldepryl that we're interested in now.  Any feedback on this from
you more experienced folks?

Thanks,

Emily Jackson, CG Jim 70/2