^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses   28  deg. F
dreary and
grey***********************************************************

On Wed, 18 Mar 1998 21:36:24 EST AllanRos <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>John Tierney, Rep Mass 6th District, writes in part:
>
>"As a strong believer in preventative care, I completely agree that we
>must
>provide adequate funding levels for Parkinson's research. However, it
>is
>unclear whether any action will be taken in the current Congressional
>session
>of HR 1260, the Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Research Act.

Dear friends,

Something is WRONG!!!  Seriously wrong.  Have our voices been left
unheard??  Should we go into a mass depression?  Especially younger
PWP's,  whose futures are looking miserable?

Why do so many young PWP's commit SUICIDE?

Are we out of touch?  Have our leaders been unable to recognize the need
for coalitions with creative and powerful mass movements like those in
AIDS prevention and multicultural education??

Are we perceived to be too old, too male, too wealthy, lily- white and
too comfortable?

How about a visible and progressive alliance of PWP's who are usually
never talked about on this list?   Those who are openly gay and won't
closet it, like me, lesbians, people of color, inner-city and poor people
with political savvy?  Could Maya Angelou and Muhammad Ali be our best
bets?

WHO represents us?

Allan raises a CRITICAL question--and it deserves a lot of BOLD
soul-searching.  We can't just blame it on Washington.

I am SICKENED by the bad news.

Love to all,

Ivan