At 09:04 AM 3/20/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if we get the show EXTRA in the midwest? We looked in
>our TV guide last night, but couldn't find it.  We'd like to catch it if
>possible.

Bev and Murph,

EXTRA appears to be a syndicated show.  It's on here in Dallas on our Fox
affiliate (channel 4) near noon - well, 12:30 PM - and again near midnight
- at 11:30.  In Chicago, I've learned that it's on at 4:30 PM on the NBC
affiliate (channel 5).  Barb has told us that she gets it in Los Angeles at
7:00 on the NBC channel there.

But I wasn't looking for it at these times and didn't find it in my local
newspaper (even though it was there).  I found it by using my browser and
going to the TV Guide Entertainment network on the web,

http://www.tvgen.com/

Then enter your zip code and click on "Local listings."

When the local listing comes up, click on "Search."

On the Search page, type in "Extra" and choose "Next 7 days" in the
drop-down box that at first reads "Today."  Click on "Go."

What you will get is a listing of all shows in the next week whose name is
"Extra" and whose name includes "Extra" and whose attached description
includes the word "Extra."  There may be some superfluous listings, but it
should be easy to determine if and when "Extra" airs in your area.

Y'all might find this site useful for other things in the future too.

Extra note to Bev and Murph - since you use Juno, you may not have a
browser.  Best thing that I can think of - call someone who does - or
e-mail me (or another of us on the list) with your zip code and I'll see
what I can do.

Art

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness