Some weeks ago  I asked any interested members of this list to help
me with a project by telling me of their 'outside' (i.e. non-PD
related) activities.  That posting ('Those things we do') invoked a
huge response with many of the respondents asking to be informed as
to the project I had in hand and it's outcome. I am now in a position
to answer those questions.
The Project
I had the honour to be invited to be the guest speaker at this years
Annual General Meeting of the Parkinsons Association of Western
Australia. I decided to speak on the subject of the need for people
with cronic disorders to break out of the mould imposed by their
disease, and to that end posted my request for infomation on outside
activities.
The Outcome
I found myself confronted with an abundance of material on which I
could draw, and began the task of organising the data into useful
catagories. In the process I was struck by an image of a community
which refused to lie down in the face of adversity.  This initiated a
train of thought which took me into very different territory and
resulted in a very different speach. As different as this speach is
from the one I planned originally, it is very much the offspring of
the generous response of this list to my request for help.
The Speach
I am sending the list a copy of the speach (as a sperate posting
entitled "A Terrible Beauty")  for the following reasons:

- Several listmembers present at the AGM thought the subject matter
would be of interest to the list,
- To show the respondents to my 'Things we do survey' what became of
their contributions,

Whilst no names have been mentioned, a couple of listmembers may well
recognize themselves.  I hope neither takes umbridge.

Dennis.

Dennis Greene 48/11
http://members.networx.net.au/~dennisg/