Wanda & Gail wrote:
> I don't know about in Calif, but in Virginia we got positive action that  way with my Dad. If a Senator writes SSDI on your behalf and asks them  what's up...it goes to another desk for review...they are less likely to give him/her the run around.

Barb,
This may be the route to take. I don't know if my letter to the MP made
any difference or not. However, it seems more than coincidental that my
application was approved three weeks, which included the Christmas
holiday, after my letter was sent.

Also, a week after I received a letter of approval from CPP, I received
a letter from the MP asking if any action had been taken, and if not, I
was to contact him again. This particular MP has a reputation for
helping people, and I was only too glad to write a thank you letter to
him.

Hang in there. It's tough, I know.

Best of luck,
        Judith

PS - I'm working on a new computer with all the bells and whistles, so
now I have to learn to use them. Please forgive any errors.