-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Arthur Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Til: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN =
Dato: 24. marts 1998 01:58
Emne: Breakthrough TV

>Just tuned in - for the first time - on a television program called
>"Breakthrough," funded by Glaxo Wellcome.  Next week, they said in the
>trailer, they rae going to have the lead story about deep brain =
stimulation.

*********
Hello Arth,
I know this surgery, it has been done at the University Hospital in =
Aarhus Denmark for about 1 1/2 years - with great success - I know 2 of =
the pwp - and it`s marvelous what this sugerey have done to them.
This surgery is not ONLY for tremor in e.g hand and arm - BUT also, if a =
pwp (like me) have much trouble to walk because of dystonia - especially =
in my right foot.
My Neuro Dr. Dupont and the Surgery Dr. Sunde both Aarhus are willing to =
try this deep brain el-stimulation at me. Until now I don`t have the =
courage to accept - beside I don`t feel "ill" enough :-)) -
but it=B4s great to know, that it IS possible to help.

Kind regards
Sonia

NEVER GIVE UP