Dear Members,
I joined the list last Wednesday and about signed off several times since.
I have never suffered from depression thus I have had some twinges this
past week on this list  Nothing suicidal but certainly not my jovial self.
I always thought of myself as being too simple minded to regard such deep
thoughts.
I keep myself busy as leader of a Parkinson's support group, MY husband has
been presented with the SmithKline Beecham award the caring hands award for
the State of Oregon.
I also lost my bid for SSDI
March of 1996 I had deep brain stimulation surgery that improved my tremors
by about 70%.  It is wonderful.
I am  55 years old. have had Parkinson disease for 19 years, I now only
take .5 mirapex twice a day and lopressor for high blood preasure. My
husband just retired and we plan to do lots of traveling.
Anyone wanting to know more especially about DBS surgery contact: