John...

I don't think it's just the folks in Utah who have no idea of the number of
Parkies in that state.  I've always suspected that nowhere in the Northern
Hemisphere do any local, state, provincial, or federal governments a CLUE as
to the number of persons with Parkinson's residing in there.

Further... I betcha that none of the major Northern Hemisphere Parkinson's
associations have even so much as a HINT of the number of people with PD in
the USA and Canada.

I can't begin to count the number of times I've seen the number of Parkies in
the US alone estimated as "between 500,000 and 1,500,000."   That's NOT what
I'd call an accurate estimate!!

Anybody care to take a guess at how many PWP's there REALLY are in the USA and
Canada???   I bet it's numbered in the several millions, when you count those
of us who are undiagnosed because their MDs believe the patient is too YOUNG
to have PD, therefore missed the proper diagnosis, or doesn't have the
"classic PD tremor," or the MD knows the patient HAD Parkinson's but won't
tell 'em that for another 6 or 8 years when that poor suffering soul finally
BEGS the doctor to tell 'em what's wrong...

What.... MOI a cynic?

Barb Mallut