Shortly after the information about selegiline & demerol appeared on the
list, I mentioned it to my pharmacist.  He hadn't heard anything about it
but said he would check it out.  Next time I asked him, he still hadn't
checked it out.  He asked me if it had been proven.  I asked him how many
pwp's have to die before it's proven.  A little over a year ago I had to
have minor surgery.  The anesthesiologist insisted I stop taking
selegiline for about three weeks before surgery....so, the word is out
within the medical community to not mix these two drugs.  Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing