Hi friends-- buttons, ribbons, and bumper stickers, not to mention TV and
radio  appearances are all ways of raising public awareness of PD..
Here's a new one that we came across at our local grocery yesterday:
A one-page flier was distributed with this text:

                        **************
                FREE Parkinson's Screening
Do you or someone you care about have the following symptoms?:
                Tremors or shaking
                Slow movement
                Rigidity or stiffness
                Shuffling gait
                Mask-like facial expression
                Changes in handwriting

The Tri-State Parkinson's Center of the Neuroscience Institute at the
Unoiversity of Cincinnati College of Medecine...will be sponsoring a
                FREE Parkinson's Disease Screening
                Saturday, April 18th, Northgate Mall
                        10:00 AM to 6:00 PM

There is no charge for this service--you MUST make an appointment!

Neurologists and Licensed Therapists will be performing the screenings.
        To schedule an appointment, Call 1 (800) 840-2732
                        ***************

This is the clinic Peter has gone to, an excellent research/treatment
facility. I wonder if other such medical facilities could do something
similar? It surely raises consciousness about PD!  Why not do this at all
the local "Health Fairs" which communities have annually, as well at at
malls, etc.?  Note that it is FREE, with an 800 # to call for appointment,
and they are getting the word out well in advance of the date, to the area
around Cincinnati  as well as the city itself.  (Our town of Oxford is
about a half hour's drive north of the mall location.) Sounds good to me!

  Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 79/8
  Oxford, OH
 * Ask me about the CARE list for*
 *   Parkinson's caregivers !    *