hi george

you wrote to ivan:
>...could you please give me some documentation about
>just how  "many young PWP's commit SUICIDE?"...
>...I would find it outrageous if you just shooting
>from the hip with such a statement.
>
>As a matter of fact I would suggest that the rate of suicide
>is much lower for people with chronic illnesses then it is
>for the population at large.

jumping in with both feet
i have to ask you if you have any documentation on
'the rate of suicide being lower for people with chronic illnesses'
and, if not,
how this opinion of yours is any more 'outrageous' than ivan's

if one classified clinical depression as a chronic illness
my hunch [no facts - although i posted a NEWS article about this recently]
is that suicide is a tragic and rampant and wasteful cause of death
among too many people regardless of age
and regardless of illness
or severity thereof

>...Perhaps between considering what you will wear
>for your next tv appearence and giving us a final
>count on your tape sales you can give my question
>some thought...
>And while offending one of this list icons
>I may as well offend another....
>...persist in posting your every tiny thought
>... may be we will get the $$$ into our blood stream.

these remarks sound so unlike you, george,
i'm astonished
unless you intended them as humourous comments
and i'm taking them too seriously

there has been an interesting range of reactions
from our list family members to your post

at the risk of repetition
i am re-posting
separately
[fore-warned is fore-armed!]
some messages
[which many of you expressed gratitude for]
that i have posted in the past in re list 'kefuffles'
and family atmosphere

i do not intend them as 'lectures'
they are simply personal observations
which may have renewed relevance now

as a 'parkie'  or 'pwp'
[person who has been given parkinson's disease]
and a 'clinie' or pwc'
[person who has been given clinical depression]
i need to re-read them myself once in awhile
to help keep my head screwed on
semi-straight

with love from your cyber-sibling

janet

janet paterson
51-10 / sinemet-selegiline-prozac
almonte-ontario-canada / [log in to unmask]