Dear List,

We should never read anything into another PWP's post.  It often is a
mistake to make snap judgements or to react without ample time to remove
emotion before responding to a posting.  This list is a support tool.  I
want to accentuate the word support.  Information exchange is only one of
the purposes of this medium.  We all agree that information about any
controversial subject should not be thrown around lightly.  Having said
that, Ivan Suzman is one of the most prepared and knowledgable participants
contributing information to this list.  He is certainly responsible enough
not to carelessly make a false statement.  In my mind the context of his
statement was general in nature.  After spending about ten minutes searching
for information regarding his conjecture that young people with Parkinson's
were more likely to committ suicide, I was satisfied that he was correct in
his assessment.

More importantly, there is a lesson to be learned from Saturday's
disagreement.  We all know that frustrations mount in everyone's life.  With
our affliction that is only exacerbated.  Why not take a step back and ask
yourself if your response would in fact offend you if you were its
recipient?  If there is any question that it might, don't take a chance of
hurting that person's feelings.  Most of these questions could be phrased
tactfully.  Compassion is a necessary commodity to everyone.  Self-esteem is
all we have on some days.  God knows we feel inadequate at many times in our
lives.  Support and encouragement are the correct responses to people
contemplating something as drastic as ending one's life.  I must agree with
all those that stated correctly that it is a lot more complicated than just
judging it as the ultimate selfish act.

With World Parkinson's Day upon us we must show unity instead of dissension!

Regards,
Greg Leeman 37/7