Dear Camilla,
    YOU WROTE
>May I suggest that in future, if members have "a bone to pick" with each
>>other, they do us the courtesy of sending those mnessages OFFlist, to the
>>person directly, rather than upsetting  1600+ persons who have enough to
>>worry about already??

       I would be happy to take this off-list but I think there is a
valuable lesson  yet to come out of this. Can you put up with me for a
couple more days?

>I am especially troubled by the "flaming post" George sent to Ivan, as I
>understood that this list was one where "flames" were "off limits", and the
>rudeness of a personal attack on anyone was not appropriate.  Ivan's
>response was conciliatory, and I would hope that it eased George's anger
>somewhat.  What we do NOT need here is a protracted "battle of the
>Parkies"-- we are all in this fight together--and the opponent is PD, not
>any individual!

I don't regard my post as "flaming". I needed to suggest to Ivan that he
not  yell "Fire" in a crowded church.

     More to follow.
   My best and thank you.
        george