^^^^^^WARM GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  48/10         [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses    27 deg. F

On Sat, 21 Mar 1998 00:28:32 -0500 George Lussier
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>now that you are back with your emotions unwrapped could you please
>give me
>some documentation....

Dear George,

My heart goes out to you.   When a friend of mine was recently diagnosed
with PD in his early 50's, his younger brother in his 40's, who had been
having a frightening time with Parkinson's and other challenges,  for
several years,  suddenly committed suicide.  This happened in New
Hampshire about two years ago.

I used to spend time visiting a neighbor, Agnes.  She used to invite me
over to sit in her big  country kitchen, and keep her company,  while she
cooked pot roast, or roasted chicken, or made pie after pie for her sons
and  daughters-in-law.  Agnes's daughter was in a car in her driveway one
day, and saw me moving slowly and shaking, as I walked along the road, so
I explained I had Young Parkinson's.  She told me of a cousin who had
just killed himself who had Young Parkinson's.  She told me of another
suicide of another young Parkinson's sufferer she also knew.

I feel that these true stories are the tip of the iceberg.

Suicide is a state I pray you and all of us on the List can stay away
from. I try not to let bad news depress me, but I am  really worried
about my future at times.  My efforts to get the Udall BIll passed, so
that we will all have a better future, and to live simply, with as much
grace and dignity, as well as helping others suffering from our common
plight, are what keeps me going.  I am not going to let "mr. pd" rule me.
 I am very fortunate to be strong-willed, and try to share my gifts.

I pray that you will feel much better when you write us again, because I
feel very sad that you were so angry at me, or perhaps at my being so
much in the limelight,  when you wrote your post  This post was not the
usual George Lussier I have always enjoyed.

Funnily enough, I , too, enjoyed my OWN recent silence on the List!!!  I
felt that after all the TV-stardom I  had the honor to enjoy, i should be
quieter now, and give others a chance to shine.  I am not aware if you
were upset because of the potential for my work and contribution to
overshadow the contributions of others on the LIst, including your own.

George, your attitude in the past, and your work to develop a video and
educational materials is very important work.  I laughed and laughed just
thinking about the walking backwards posts last year, and your delightful
and buoyant sense of humor is a marvel to me, in reference to your
infamous Parkie-Hole-in-the-head-gang.

Barb's potential TV stardom is meaningful to me in many ways. Why not
support her efforts?  I am sure that the Udall Bill is just one of many
possible topics she would try to squeeze into an interview, even if the
editors or moderators might not be prepared for her to talk about it.  I
give Barb a HUGE amount of credit, and most of all, for keeping many of
us laughing-out-loud when we; coulld have felt SO blue instead.

The real concern I have is that you remain with us.  Don't withdraw or
isolate.  The wonderdul people on this list will help anyone through
times of depression or anger.

God bless you and your family during this time.  May the springtime lift
your spirits.

Ivan Suzman