Dear List-family...

As of yesterday, I've been turned down yet another time in my efforts to be
declared eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).

THIS decline was based (THIS time) upon the fact that I have no muscle or
nerve damage from the PD.  In fact, as far as I know, in my 22 years of living
with PD, I've NEVER had any muscle or nerve damage, but I HAVE had a whole
heckuva lotta OTHER uncomfortable and disabling symptoms.

SSDI declares that "Yes," you have discomfort, but THAT isn't enough for you
to be declared disabled.  You are able to work at your former job of forum
manager."

Uhhhhh.... the "discomfort" I can live with.  It's some of the disabling
symptoms, such as memory loss, loss of use of my primary hand/foot, dyskenesia
on my left side, and other non-visible but equally disabling symptoms that
cause me to be disabled.

Am I mistaken in thinking that few, if any, Parkies suffer from actual
PD-caused muscle or nerve DAMAGE?  (not including muscle atrophy from lack of
ability to use those muscles).

Your collective and respective opinions would be appreciated.

And THANKS....

Barb Mallut