Janet,
I agree that each of us is unique and our reactions to meds will also
be unique.
Counselling is also a great help.  All the gp's (even the lousy Xgp)
and my neuro have insisted that I get into regular counselling and
stay there.  They said that I needed it for at least two reasons:
1.because of the cd, and 2.to help cope with the progression of my
pd.
Even though I have been on Paxil and then Zoloft, the counselling has
been for me the best help.  But, remember, as you said each of us is
different and need a unique combination of meds and help.
Thanks again Janet, I am with you in helping people to understand the
difference between being sad or depressed and being clinically
depressed.  I thought it could never happen to me, but it did.

don't forget how to laugh (and do it often)
Marling McReynolds