Dear Barb:

We fought that battle for my BarbM, but the point became moot when she
qualified on her own when attaining the proper age.  But this
discussion  appeared over a year ago on this very forum, and though I
did not log any of this, I remembered several points:
   1) Even though I was a civil servant once, I have determined (based
on personal experience) that most 'examiners' are mentally deficient,
even though they have the title of MD.
   2) The forms to be filled out must include specific key words that
will signal a switch in the 'examiners' head and say "YES'...
   3) these 'examiners' are paid to save the GOVERNMENT'S money rather
than spend it.

Hopefully, you might retrieve some of the discussion on this from the
archives.  Since you had almost one leg broken (from a Thespian
well-wisher) good luck on this, but don't break a leg.
Love
Michel Margosis