Sheldon/Linda McNeil wrote:
> Dear Members ,
> We are writing to you out of desperation to see if you might be able to
> help us or at the least give us some hints on where to go next.

I expect you will get several replies on this, but here is mine:
Parkinson's Disease (PD) is sometimes hard to distinguish in the early
stage from others in a related group of neurological disorders. But
the symptoms you describe should alert any competent neurologist, or
even a general-practice MD, to the possibility. (Onset at a young age
is NOT rare.) Among the above-mentioned group, PD is unique in that
one drug, levodopa (available in the U.S. as Sinemet, in the UK as
Madopar) can provide lasting relief, sometimes for decades. Although
there are sophisticated and complex diagnostic protocols to sort out
PD from other related disorders, the most powerful tool is simply
to find a neuro who will try levodopa for a few weeks. If it doesn't
help, you have lost nothing. If it does, bingo! and your neuro can
decide the best treatment strategy to take from there. Good luck!
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road