Thanks Judith... When I stopped working, last July, once I realized that the
SSDI folks were up to their old "stonewalling tricks," again, I IMMEDIATELY
contacted my congressman's office and while they contacted SSA, they exchanged
a coupla-three letters with various SSA people.

Nothing came of that because the congressman's aid didn't follow thru after
his initial exchange, and at the time I was getting hassled by both SSA and my
private long term disability carrier which, per their contract with me, they
were obligated to give me additional funding to equal a specific amount each
month determined by my last regularly paid salary (it wasn't enough to pay my
mortgage, but nonetheless, it WAS a decent amount, and I'm forever grateful
that I spent the $3.65 a month 10 years ago to get that long term disability
insurance!!!!)

My LTD  had been MetLife, and suddenly they up and changed to Cigna Care about
3 months ago and I started getting letters from Cigna telling me I had to
PROVE I was disabled to THEM - despite MetLife forwarding 10 years worth of my
medical records to Cigna.

Soooooo.... for the past several months, I've been struggling to prove I
indeed have PD and am disabled not only with SSA/SSDI but ALSO my private long
term disability carrier.

I've lived with PD for almost 23 years - since my early thirties - and I'm so
very tired of continually being forced to PROVE I'm disabled to assorted
agencies.

Geee.... I wish I was a boozer or heavy into diving into a Sara Lee when I
felt frustrated and/or aggravated, 'cause right now I'd immediately head for
the bottle and the pastries.  DARN - I watch my weight and fall asleep if I
drink!

Barb (VERY frustrated and aggravated) Mallut

Barb Mallut