Barbara Mallut wrote:
> I IMMEDIATELY contacted my congressman's office and while they contacted SSA, they exchanged a coupla-three letters with various SSA people.
> Nothing came of that because the congressman's aid didn't follow thru after his initial exchange,

I hope you're keeping photo copies of EVERYTHING. Even telephone calls
should be followed up with a letter, just so it's on record.

> My LTD  had been MetLife, and suddenly they up and changed to Cigna Care about 3 months ago and I started getting letters from Cigna telling me I had to PROVE I was disabled to THEM - despite MetLife forwarding 10 years worth of my medical records to Cigna.

Isn't that the height of nonsense? Is this not where writing to your
congressman (again) or whomever and enclosing documentation might be
helpful? That's pretty much what I did.

> I've lived with PD for almost 23 years - since my early thirties - and I'm so very tired of continually being forced to PROVE I'm disabled to assorted agencies.

I know how you feel. More than once I threatened to go to the CPP office
unmedicated. There were times when I felt they wanted me to beg, and it
was all so demeaning. On more than one occasion I let them know how
terribly upsetting the situation was for me.

I know my experience isn't much help because we live in different
countries, and I really wish there was something I could do, but you
know you have many people rooting for you.

Take care, and try not to let them get to you. I know, I know...easier
said than done...

Judith