Thanks, John Morey, for the interesting post on SSRI in "general" use.  It
reminded me of the TV piece (60Minutes? 20/20?) about the little girl who
wsas so shy she would not talk outside her family. Eventually she was put
on Prozac,in an experimental treatment program, and in 1st grade was
participating normally in school, etc.  The impression was given that she
would in time be wened off it, though.  Certainly, putting a 5 yr. old on
Prozac is controversial--in her case, it was a life-change for the better,
at least in the short run. The suggestion in her case was that there was a
family pattern of unusual shyness.

SNIPPED
>Prozac-like drug use for the healthy stirs debate
>By Dolores Kong, Globe Staff, 03/23/98
>
>For the first time, a study has documented that Prozac-like drugs can alter
>the personality of healthy people - a finding that goes right to the heart
>of a growing debate over use of the antidepressants to modify normal,
>everyday traits.

    Camilla Flintermann .. [log in to unmask]
    CG for Peter, 79/8     ( co-owner of CARE list)

    * "IF THE ONLY TOOL YOU HAVE IS A HAMMER,*
    *     EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE A NAIL"      *
    *         ---Abraham Maslow              *