>   Has anyone experienced pain in the hip as one
>of their PD symptons? Since yesterday I've been having
>pain in my left hip that radiates down to my knee.  It's
>difficult to walk and to sit. It feels almost like a pulled
>muscle, but I didn't do anything that would cause this.
>I was just walking normally, and the pain came on suddenly.
>I know PD doesn't cause everything, but whenever I have
>strange symptons like this, on my affected side - I
>think you have to consider it.

Linda

Due to posture distortions caused by PD, people with PD are more than likely
to have a back,neck or hip problem at some time during  the progression of
the  disease.The pain from this type of complication is I believe fairly
obviously different from a usual pd pain caused by high muscle tension,
cramping dystonia etc but at the same time pain from a muscular skeletal
problem  may well be exagerated by pd. In my experience the worst pain
results from dyskinesia either peak or end of medication ( in my case the
latter).A month or two ago this was discussed in a string following my
posting 'Sciatica and PD the double whammy'.Having suffered a lot of pain
for over four months and having tried a lot of things without success I am
now approaching a point where I will probably have to undergo an
operation.During this process I have become quite an expert on obtaining
useless information from the internet to cure my own problem.What I have
learnt is that even if you havn't got pd  almost everybody seems to contract
at some time a back or neck problem but the majority of these problems seem
to get better on their own without any major intervention.The other thing is
that the causes are legion and any recital of my own symptoms are unlikely
to be  of any help to you.Although your problem could emanate from the hip,
it could be connected with compression of the sciatic nerve which causes leg
pain or something else and only a expert could help you and in the end only
extensive x rays scans and other tests might be necessary to find the cause.
I am currently  in that phase.

I had a lot of nice messages when I first aired my problem and I'm sure you
will get a lot of help from this list.I can only feel for you for any pain
you are suffering-it's not much fun.

David Langridge